Guest speaker Mark Bowell of Jubilee Church Liverpool on The Book of Colossians – In Christ Alone.
God wants us to know him. He draws our hearts and our heads and as our knowledge of him deepens, we change.
Jesus is the active agent of God in every part of his gracious purpose toward the human race and reveals God to us in a person. But he is infinitely more.
1. Jesus is the person of God – he is the image of the invisible God
2. Jesus is the beginning – he has supremacy over time
3. Jesus is the origin – he has supremacy over cause
4. Jesus is the purpose – he has supremacy over meaning
5. Jesus is the essence – he has supremacy over cause, effect and every step of continued existence
6. Jesus is the head of the church – he has supremacy over his body
7. Jesus is the first to return from the dead – he has supremacy over death
8. Jesus is the only way – he has supremacy over our eternal destiny
9. Jesus is the hope of all things – he has supremacy over peace and restoration.