Devote ourselves to worshipping God and serving one another.
- Acts 2:42 – They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- Mark 12:30 – Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ Jesus called this the most important commandment.
Declare the good news of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Tim 4:2 – Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season.
- Matt 28:19 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- We are called to be God’s witnesses wherever we are and preach the word and make disciples.
Develop our people, our leaders and our ministries.
- Eph 4:11-13 – It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- We are called the body of Christ and we saved into this body to work together as a team to build up this body. We need to know what God has gifted us with so we can fulfil our works of service. Our aim is to reach unity in the faith and in fully knowing Christ and becoming mature.
Demonstrate the kingdom , love and power of God.
- Jesus said the second most important commandment is to share the love that you have received.
- Mark 12:31 – The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’
- 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 – My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.